Based on the growing importance of career issues in today’s professional coaching engagement, Coach Academy International has partnered with Yellow Brick Path Career Management Coaching & Consulting to create a cutting edge, power-packed training program for practicing coaches, HR professionals, and career specialists such as outplacement counselors, college advisers, recruiters, and resume writers. This three-day intensive workshop launches November 5 – 7, 2015 in Dallas, Texas and includes two group mentor coaching sessions following the workshop. Their latest book, BE SMART: Sail Past the Hazards of Conventional Career Advice will be a primary resource for the class.
Participants learn sophisticated new career coaching tools, models, and processes that enhance their skills whether they are new to career management, are career-savvy coaches, or want to add career coaching as a specialty or sub-specialty. By the end of the program, graduates will “know their stuff” and be among the most effective, knowledgeable coaches around. The will also be confident and well prepared to help clients navigate their complex career options. The workshop, limited to 20 participants, is taught using a hands-on experiential learning model (teach, demonstrate, practice). Participants will learn:
- A model for Intentional Career Management that can be used immediately with clients, employees, and students
- New approaches for creating effective long-term strategies
- The job search process in the new technology age
- How to use assessment to guide decision making and exploration
- A powerful and efficient methodology for developing career marketing documents (e.g. resumes, profiles) that is based on a coaching approach
- About job search execution tools, including targeting and networking
- Up-to-date interviewing strategies and how to avoid common pitfalls
- Essentials for offer evaluation and negotiation strategies
- An on-going career management framework, including visibility, individual development, exit strategies, and entrepreneurship
For more information, contact Mina Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or (972) 733-9963. Be sure to ask about special pricing for the inaugural program, November 5 – 7, 2015 in Dallas.